KCC is currently preparing a detailed “Submission of Patient Evidence” document for the Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care (but will apply for other provinces as well). The submission requires us to include “Information from Patients Who Have Used This Drug” (Afinitor).
If you have experience with Afinitor that could help us (as a patient or as a caregiver) would you mind helping us by responding to the following questions? Please reply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you in advance. Our deadline is June 15 2010.
– What positive and negative impacts does the drug have on the condition? (condition = mrcc)
– Which symptoms is the drug best or worst at treating (advantages and disadvantages)
– What difference does the drug make to the patients’ long-term health and wellbeing?
– What are the side effects of the drug; which ones are patients prepared to put with, and which ones do they find unacceptable?
– How does the drug compare with other available treatments in terms of efficacy, side effects, and other practical implications (e.g., administration, time, costs)?
Some of these questions may not make sense to you, but if you could send us answers to those you could answer, please do. We would not use your full name, just first name and city/province.
Thank you in advance. The battle to get Afinitor funded across the country starts now!